According to the American psychiatric association, depression affects about 1 in 15 adults each year. This condition has become a global crisis in the last couple of years, especially since the start of the pandemic. Many lives have been disrupted, and others lost. This has led to increased feelings of unhappiness, sadness, and dejection. This piece looks at depression, its causes, and how cannabis can help alleviate the condition.
What is depression?
Depression is a major mental disorder presented with loss of interest or pleasure, depressed mood, poor appetite and sleep, poor concentration, loss of appetite, and low self-esteem.
What are the causes of depression?
Depression might be caused by various factors, such as;
- Different forms of abuse can build up feelings of hurt, hate, and sadness, which ultimately develop into depression later on in life
- The elderly people are susceptible to depression due to a lack of social support or living alone after their children leave home.
- Side effects of drugs such as corticosteroids include depression, elevated blood pressure, fluid retention, and muscle weakness.
- Loss of a loved one can trigger feelings of depression and loneliness
- Genetic disposition. A history of depression in the family may put one at risk.
- Drug and substance abuse may lead to depression. According to research, 30% of drug users suffer from either clinical or major depression.
Three cannabis strains to help you relieve depression.
While more studies are being carried out, the available data show that cannabis helps combat depression. Research shows that cannabis has positive effects on brain receptors called serotonin. For this reason, cannabis can have potential benefits for depression and anxiety. Further studies suggest that cannabis has better benefits for depression than some prescribed pills used to treat depression.
Unlike antidepressant medication, which takes longer to begin working, cannabis has quick and sustained antidepressant-like effects. In addition, cannabis has fewer side effects than the current antidepressant drugs.
It is a hybrid strain that can offer quick relief for your depression. It is a balanced hybrid made of 50% indica and 50% Sativa.
The onset of Godzilla has a mellow head rush that provides you with the desired cannabis effects.
It is a good depression because it contains a moderate 15-19% THC level. Other than depression, Godzilla Glue has potential benefits in treating conditions such as mood swings, migraine headaches, and chronic pain.
This is another rare strain that can help prevent depression. Like Godzilla glue, OG Shark is a balanced hybrid strain with 50% indica and 50% Sativa, but it contains more THC concentration above 20%. OG shark users highly regard it and can be your best remedy for your depression.
This is another hybrid strain that can help alleviate depression. White Diamond has a gorgeous appearance and can have you fully kicked back and relaxed in no time at all.
Where to buy cannabis in Canada
Canada Cannabis Dispensary is the go-to shop for all things cannabis-related. We have the finest buds and tastiest edibles in Canada, not forgetting highly potent concentrates and accessories to heighten your experience. Register with us today and experience seamless service and fast shipping and delivery.